On September 29, 1938, Ikoyi Club 1938 officially came into being through the merger of the European Club and Lagos Golf Club. The Incorporation was entrusted to three nominated trustees namely, Sir Donald Kingdom, Henry Stewart, and David Duncan Gibb. The European Club was first located on the site of what was later known as the Ikoyi Hotel which was then Ikoyi Government Guest House, also known as the Catering Rest House.The Lagos Golf Club moved from 18, Race Course Road to the present location in 1927, and at one time occupied the land on which the old Federal Secretariat Ikoyi now stands. Long after the amalgamation of the European Club and the Lagos Golf Club, the Ikoyi Club 1938 remained essentially an “expatriates club” run by top European Civil Servants and members of the business communities. The Ikoyi Club 1938 has metamorphosed from its European only membership into one of the best examples of multiracial clubs in the world with membership drawn worldwide.
TAFA ZIBIRI- ALIU. Chairman Ikoyi Club.
List of all the Committees and Sub Committees in the Club
1. General Committee
2. Audit Committee
3. Investment Committee
4. Capital Expenditure Coordinating Committee (CAPEX)
5. Industrial Relations Sub-Committee (IRSC)
6. Purchasing & Price Monitoring Sub-Committee (PPMSC)
7. Club Anniversary Sub-Committee
8. Membership Sub-Committee
9. Publication Sub-Committee
10. Tenders Sub-Committee
11. Disciplinary Sub-Committee
12. Entertainment Sub-Committee
13. Bar Sub-Committee
14. ICT Sub – Committee
15. Medical Sub-Committee
16. Premises Sub- Committee
17. Security Sub- Committee
18. Catering Sub- Committee
19. Library Sub-Committee
20. Club Restaurant Sub- Committee
Audit Committee Terms of Reference
The Committee shall be independent of the General Committee, with the following:
- To assure members of the Club that budgets, reports, and accounting systems are working
effectively to manage the financial affairs of the Club.
- To ensure the Club’s policies and procedures are followed
- The external and internal auditors may be invited to meetings to present their detailed findings
for discussion by the Audit Committee.
- The Audit Committee shall meet every (3) Three-Months and as may be necessary and report to the
members at every General Meeting in February and General Meeting of August of every year.
- The Audit Committee may invite the Chairman, the Honorary Treasurer of the General Committee of
the Club and the General Manager of the Club and any member of staff or member of the Club to
attend their meetings.
- There shall be an Internal Auditor who shall report directly to the General Committee.
N/B: Quorum for this Committee shall be a (Four) one of whom shall be a Trustee.